At Golf-A day with Rahul

02 Aug 2012 was the first time I played 9 holes with Rahul, after he was part of the National Team.

Till we finished the round, I never believed that at this age (64), I could improve my stance, or for that matter the distance or direction. All Rahul told me was as follows: -


  1. widen the gap between feet as you address the ball, I did, i got better distance and direction.
  2. do not use wrist work, play as if u were 'putting', the wrist does not move-I did, and found that my fade/ slice had disappeared.
  3. keep the club face square first and then take the stance, in the direction where u want to hit-well this was basic, a refresher was required
  4. in the bunker, do not force the ball, just hit the sand, an inch or so behind the ball-it worked

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even this can happen!

08 Sep 2009

A Day in Raj Bhawan Golf Course, Nainital - My First One