A Road Accident-Seat Belt

I have never been comfortable with my driver's driving. Even as asked him to accompany me at times, either I would take the wheel, or else remained awfully cautious during the drive.

On 06 Aug 2014, I was on my way to Jaipur, Shujan the driver was the driver. for a change, I thought I should take a driver, and relax at the rear seat. just short of the Kings Hotel, where thought I should have Breakfast break, I noticed that the car was driving too fast, and started getting too fast, too close to the truck ahead. I woke up the driver, who applied sudden break. The vehicle swerved, nevertheless, came under control.
भागवान का शुक्र है कि इस समय हम  बाल बाल बच गये.
Some thing prompted me that I should let him drive, as taking the wheel at that stage, would discourage him and lower his morale.
Then can the Kings Hotel and Restaurant and we had the breakfast. I still allowed him to take the wheel (He later told me that he wanted to tell me to take the wheel for some time)
Lo and behold, I dozed off in the rear seat, and all without the seat belt on. In 2014, there was no pressure on rear seat belt to be precaution. In 10 kms flat, the driver too dozed off at a high speed and hit the cement block lying on the road berms. 
I woke up violently, my hands and arms reacted fast to protect my face and chest to hit the seat in front, and vehicle toppled over, skidded in latent position for some time and came to a stop.

I was taken out from the vehicle, and went for first aid and treatment. The speed at which the may hands/ arms moved to protect my front, caused the shoulder tendons to break effectively.

It needed surgery, to get back and am still effected.

The driver Shujan came through unscathed, due to protection offered by seat belt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even this can happen!

08 Sep 2009

Shweta-The Survivor